a gourmet in gumboots Christmas on tommerup's dairy farm
DATE CLAIMER - SATURDAY 21st OCTOBER 2017
In the cool of a Spring afternoon, we’ll swing open the farm gates for a
gourmet in gumboots Christmas on the farm.
Spend an afternoon on our farm feeding our animals, watch the afternoon milking and browse the market stalls where you can meet the producers and stock up on unique Christmas gifts and delicacies.
Taste gourmet treats from Scenic Rim farmers and producers and while away the afternoon relaxing on the farm.
Perfect for a staff Christmas get together, Christmas shopping with a difference or just an afternoon on the farm with the family.
Join us for a Gourmet in Gumboots Christmas on the farm.
- Help herd the cows to the dairy as the cool of the afternoon slowly creeps in then, watch part of the afternoon milking; the daily routine of 5 generations on our farm. Share the stories of dairying on our farm with Farmer Dave as he goes about milking our dairy girls.
- Browse the market stalls offering locally grown & produced goodies and speak with real farmers and producers. Wine, honey, local preserves and jams, pastured eggs and chicken and lots more. You can even take home a Christmas pudding just like Grandma used to make! Be sure to bring your esky.
- The Farm Larder will be open stocked with our own range of ethically raised meat products.
- Eat Local the stunning book produced by Brenda Fawdon and Christine Sharp in conjunction with Scenic Rim Regional Council will be on sale. Our family along with many other producers from the Scenic Rim feature in the beautiful book celebrating farming in the region. The perfect Christmas gift.
- Grab your bucket and head off on an animal feeding adventure as the sun goes down over the mountains. You’ll meet our friendly calves, goats, sheep and chickens.
- Take a farm walk with Farmer Kay. There’s no better time to walk around the farm than as the sun sets. It’s our favourite time of day. Learn what we do on our farm and how our animals are raised.
- There’s nothing like watching our pigs waiting in anticipation for their milking delights from the dairy! The squeals of delight and the frenzied feast that follows are sure to amuse.
- The new farm picnic area has just been opened. It’s the perfect spot to enjoy fresh homemade scones with jam and cream or perhaps a cheese platter from White Gold Creamery made using milk from our farm. There’ll be Norco milks to sample and delicious homemade lemonade on offer.
- I’ve heard a whisper that Santa’s planning to stop by the farm for a quick visit as well! Can’t wait to see what he’ll arrive on…
- Why not make a weekend of it and stay in the gorgeous Lost World Valley? Glamping will be available on our farm to a limited number of people. Contact us for more information and pricing. Take a look at www.thelostworld.com.au for local accommodation options.
- Looking for a little something extra for your staff party? We can organise that for you.